While doing calligraphy, have you thought about how your writing looks just like someone else’s, or if there is any way you can find your own character and style in your writing? Personally, I find that flourishes and embellishes have the ability to make one’s calligraphy become something personal. They are attractive and give character to an otherwise ordinary piece of writing. This course will break down something seemingly complicated into palatable parts and equip you with the knowledge to add flourishes to your writing effectively.
As this is an intermediate course, participants are assumed to have some knowledge and experience with pointed pen calligraphy. If you have taken my beginner’s course, this course will be a great follow-up.
- Theory and principles of flourishing
- Types of flourishes and where to add them
- Plants and Laurels
- How to form uppercase letters
- Uppercase letter variations
- Composition of a flourished piece
- Other ways to embellish your work
Materials you will receive:
dual function oblique/straight penholder | nib | walnut ink | curated course booklet including alphabet exemplar and capital letter variations | personalised gift* | practice sheets | pencil & eraser | tote bag
*Personalised gift will be a pen roll or bookmark.
Light snacks will be provided.
- If you wish to have another word / someone else’s name personalised, please inform upon registration
- You may bring your own holder, nib and ink
- Material list may be revised
Venue: In-person classes will be held at my home studio (Hougang) / office (Kovan)
Scheduled group class: Registration closed
Private class: Please email to arrange via email or contact form.